Saturday, July 12, 2014

Missing...


I thought it would be cute if I made a list of things I think I will miss about Israel when I am back in America and then when I get back to America, write another list about the things I miss and see how my lists compare. Also things I don’t think I will miss, just incase I end up missing them. It will be interesting for comparison. So... 
Things in Israel I will miss back in America:
Aroma
Belmont Cheese Cake
Iced Coffee
Tel Aviv Beach
Kinder Eggs
Things in Israel I will not miss back in America:
The frequent smell of baby poop mixed with olives
11 hours of school a day
Schnitzel
Constant Kosher dining
Lack of ice cubes
Living and sharing a bathroom with 3 other people

Now that I am actually back in America and have been for over a month I think that this can be done. 
Things I miss:
Tel Aviv Beach
Belmont Cheese Cake
Having neighbors that you know and talk to (yes we were all on a program together and so they weren't like "real" neighbors but it was still nice to have that around)
Pita
Sharing a bathroom with 3 other people (thought I wouldn't miss that but I really miss having extra shampoo when I run out and having someone come in and talk to you when you are taking a boring lonely shower, and I miss combing Jamie's hair with her for hours on end)
Aroma 
Hebrew (I can't tell if I miss it or if its still weird that I don't hear it around constantly)
People who understand weird EIE Hebrew slang/lingo
The abandoned hotel
The Tel (only went once but it was so nice)
Long talks with Noah 
Things I don't miss:
Schnitzel
Smell of baby poop and olives
School
Kosher anything and everything
Lack of Ice Cubes (I forgot how seriously amazing ice cubes are until I got back to America... all hail ice cube trays!)
Cooking everything in the microwave

I am sure that I could go on but I just wanted to sum it up a little. It has been good to be back in the US but I do miss Israel. I wouldn't actually want to be there right now because I just got my American life back and living with all the rockets and such doesn't sound too fun. But yes I do miss parts of Israel that American life just cannot satisfy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment